Chair of Salisbury Indies Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
Chair of Salisbury Indies, Susi Mason, has been presented with a special Lifetime Achievement award at the 20th anniversary of the South Wilts Business of the Year Awards.
Hundreds attended the awards last night (Thursday 20th June) to celebrate business successes across the city.
Susi Mason is the owner of Casa Fina and was presented with the Lifetime Achievement award for her commitment to the city.
Bill Browne, Publisher of Salisbury Journal, who presented the award said: “We’ve got plenty of people in this city who are passionate about the city’s future, but it’s my honour to present this lifetime achievement award to somebody that turns that passion into real action. This lady is a true champion of independent businesses in this city. Susi is a real force when it comes to supporting the city. Congratulations Susi!”
Susi commented: “What a proud moment and a complete surprise! It's a real honour to have received this award. Salisbury is a fabulous city and we have so many great independent businesses and the SWBOYA are a brilliant way to celebrate them all. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists!”
It was a fantastic night for Salisbury Indies, with 2 winners and 13 finalists.
New restaurant, Tinga, picked up the Food & Drink Award, whilst one of Salisbury's oldest businesses, Pritchetts Butchers, took home the Retailer of the Year Award.
Salisbury Indies Winners & Finalists – SWBOYA 2019
- Pritchetts Butchers (WINNER) - Retailer of the Year Award
- Tinga (WINNER) – Food & Drink Award
- Dinghams (Finalist) - Retailer of the Year Award
- Conker Boutique (Finalist) - Retailer of the Year Award
- Fisherton Mill (Finalist) - Retailer of the Year Award
- Mark Jones Eye Care (Finalist) - Retailer of the Year Award
- The Old Ale & Coffee House (Finalist) – Food & Drink Award
- Baroushka (Finalist) – Food & Drink Award
- English Chocolate Company (Finalist) - Business of the Year Award (£150k - £500k turnover)
- Tinga (Finalist) – New Business Award
- The Old Ale & Coffee House (Finalist) – Excellence in Customer Service Award
- Memory Opticians (Finalist) - Excellence in Customer Service Award
- Personnel Placements (Finalist) – Charity & Community Award
- Sarah Fletcher, Mark Jones Eye Care (Finalist) - Enterprising Woman in Business Award
- Aimee Ullah, Deacons & Tinga (Finalist) - Enterprising Woman in Business Award
Congratulations to all our well-deserved Salisbury Indies winners and finalists!